Monday, May 04, 2015

Review: Himalayan Salt Lamp/Candle Holder (Is it really beneficial & worth the hype?)


Since these salt lamps were the big hype, I decided to get one for myself and see what it was all about (tbh, I just picked one up cause it looked cute)
I have to say, well first of all, I got the candle holder version bc I didn't want there to be a black cord connected to the lamp since my desk was full of them already. And I love burning candles :)
















Himalayan Natural Rock Salt Tea Light Holder by Ancient Secrets





When I first got it out of the package, I was really confused since there were little particles of salt coming out from the candle holder. So I just wiped it off with a tiny bit of water and a paper towel. 
Also, a another problem I had was that in the summer, the candle holder created a small puddle of water. I googled about the issue and found out that himalayan salt attracts water, so of course since summer is extremely humid, this issue was more evident. The way I fixed this problem was by burning the candle more often (basically everyday) and it became fine after that.
I became so satisfied with my purchase that I bought 2 more. Now there is one in my bathroom, one in my bedroom and the study.





But does it really have the benefits that it claims to have?
There is an abundant source of information that claims that salt lamps are beneficial for many reasons but especially because it generates negative ions. 
Now, there are thousands of research from acredited sources that proves that negative ions ARE beneficial for our mental health. 
However, there seems to be insufficient research on directly linking the production of negative ions from salt lamps to human health (since the salt lamp generates very LITTLE amount of negative ions)



Read more about the benefits here: http://www.rocksaltlamps.com.au/benefits/


Read more about the contradictory opinion on salt lamp benefits here: http://kerryg.hubpages.com/hub/The-Truth-About-Himalayan-Crystal-Salt-Lamps





Honestly, even though I agree that himalayan salt lamps is not the best source to get your extra negative ions (if that's what your looking for) I still love it anyways. It's such an eye candy! It reminds me of rose quartz crystals.








No comments:

Post a Comment